NSO AT UNION STATION
Saturday, January 11th at 3 P.M. & 7 P.M.
Union Station, East Hall, 50 Massachusetts Ace.,NE
Led by NSO Assistant Conductor Ankush Kumar Bahl, written by Jacqueline E. Lawton and featuring WUSA Channel 9's Andrea Roane as host, the National Symphony performs two full "train-themed" concerts at Union Station.
Program to include:
- ADAMS: Short Ride in a Fast Machine
- COPLAND: John Henry
- GROFE: "Sunrise" from Grand Canyon Suite
- LUMBYE: Copenhagen Steam Railway Galop
- SIBELIUS: Finlandia
- VILLA-LOBOS: "The Little Train of Caipira" from Bachianas Brasileiras No. 2
- MARQUEZ: Danzon No. 2
- IBERT: Suite Symphonique, "Paris"
- OFFENBACH: "Barcarolle" from Tales of Hoffman
- OFFENBACH: "Can Can" from Gaite Parisienne
- J. STRAUSS Jr.: Pleasure Train Polka
- J. STRAUSS Jr.: On the Beautiful Blue Danube, Waltz
Free. Seating is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here for the full program and enjoy this video!